Center of Innovation on Disability and Rehabilitation Research (CINDRR)
CINDRR is a VA research center with close ties to both the University of Florida and the University of South Florida. Several faculty hold joint appointments with CINDRR and the UF OT Department. The CINDRR Director is also Chair of the UF OT Department. CINRR is officially housed within the North Florida/South Georgia Veterans Health System, Gainesville, FL and the James A. Haley Veterans’ Hospital, Tampa, FL. CINDRR is dual site VA Health Services Research and Development Service (HSR&D)-funded Center of Innovation. CINDRR conducts research that identifies, develops, and tests strategies for improving Veteran rehabilitation services across the continuum of care, and research on long term support for Veterans with disabilities and their families, including issues related to access, utilization, cost, quality, and health outcomes.
Working with our research and clinical partners at the local, regional, and national levels, CINDRR will:
- Develop, evaluate, and implement innovations that maximize activity and participation of Veterans with disabilities and their families.
- Advance informatics and measurement science in rehabilitation outcomes.
- Improve independence and health-related quality of life for Veterans with disabilities and their families through technology.
- Mentor and prepare the next generation of rehabilitation outcomes researchers to assume leadership roles in HSR&D and RR&D.
- Foster productive cross-center collaborations and VA Operational partnerships to advance the science and practice of rehabilitation in the VHA.