In this course, the author provides an overview of life care planning as a case management tool for occupational therapy practitioners as well as other rehabilitation professionals. Definitions and roles for life care planning are included. The training also includes an overview of the methodology associated with life care planning practice.
Upon completion of this course, learners will be able to:
- Define life care planning.
- Explain the overall components and application of life care planning.
- Discuss who are life care planners.
- Describe the different venues where life care planning is practiced.
- Describe the different topics included within a life care plan.
- Describe the training process to become a life care planner.
One (1) hour course during which the learner will view a streaming video presentation, reference PowerPoint® slides, and take a multiple choice post-test.