You may apply to the Occupational Therapy Combined Program (BHS-OTD) if you have been accepted into the Bachelor of Health Science Program.
A competitive application should meet the following minimum requirements:
- A minimum cumulative GPA of 3.8 (based on a 4.0 scale) for lower division (freshman and sophomore level) undergraduate college coursework.
- A minimum GPA of 3.7 (based on a 4.0 scale) for all prerequisite courses. No grade lower than a C.
General prerequisites must be completed before entering the BHS-OTD Combined Program and can be completed at any accredited college or university.
General Prerequisite Course Work
- Biology with lab (4 credits required)*
- Human Physiology with lab (4-8 credits required)**
- Human (Systemic) Anatomy and lab (4-8 credits)**
- Abnormal Psychology (3 credits required)
- Introduction to Statistics (3 credits required)
- Sociology or Anthropology (3 credits required)
TOTAL 21+ credits
*Core Biology and lab are preferred. See an advisor for the biology course in your college or university that is most often recommended for students in science majors.
**A 2 course Anatomy and Physiology with Lab sequence will meet the requirement for a 4 credit lecture lab physiology course. Applicants must successfully complete both courses to meet the requirement. Completion of the 2 course sequence will also count as a 4 credit Anatomy course.